Our small country is a true gem nestled between Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia. It is one of the greenest countries in Europe and a winner of many travel awards and titles by prominent media in the travel industry. A few listed below show that Slovenia is a country very much worth visiting, an ‘Unexpected revelation’ actually, as stated in the Lonely Planet. Topped with images by excellent local landscape photographers, Slovenia lights fuel to the wanderlust of nature lovers and scores the highest criteria for nature’s beauty. Here is why we love it here and are sure you will too.
- Bled: 3rd winner of the ITB Earth awards ~ Sustainable Top 100 Destination Awards | ITB Berlin 2020
- Ljubljana: Winner in the Best of Cities award ~ Sustainable Top 100 Destinations Awards | ITB Berlin 2019
- Bled: 2nd winner of the Best of Europe awards ~ Sustainable Top 100 Destination Awards | ITB Berlin 2019
- Bohinj: Ranks in the Best places to travel in Europe 2018 ~ European Best Destination 2018
- Julian Alps: Best in Travel: top 10 regions award ~ Lonely Planet 2017
- Slovenia: The 10 Safest Countries in the World listing ~ Conde Nast Traveller | 2020
- Slovenia: Winner of the Best in Europe awards ~ Sustainable destination awards | ITB Berlin 2020
- Slovenia: Where to go next : 27 best places to Travel in 2020 ~ Forbes
- Slovenia: Winner of the Hottest Destination of the Year awards ~ Virtuoso Travel Week 2019
- Slovenia: Top 10 Best Value Destinations in 2019 ~ Lonely Planet
Photo credits: Many thanks to all the above-mentioned photographers for sharing Slovenia in such amazing moments with the rest of the world.