- Marvel the highest peaks of the Julian Alps from the scenic Zajamniki mountain pasture.
- Taste shepherd’s dishes for lunch at pristine Uskovnica mountain pasture.
- Jump into the inviting waters of Lake Bohinj in the Triglav National Park.
- Admire the Savica Waterfall or discover other hidden waterfalls in the area.
- Optional: Panoramic cable car ride to Vogel ski resort above Lake Bohinj.
- This is a private tour. We do not offer shared day trips.
- Usually, we start and 9.00 AM and are back at 6.00 PM.
- Everything is adapted to your wishes. We can make it as active or as relaxed as you want.
- Available as an E-bike MTB tour too!
On this amazing tour, we will visit the heart of Slovenia, the Triglav National Park. For an easy start into the day, we will take a shuttle up to the Pokljuka Plateau. Riding through the plateau’s dense spruce forests and pristine mountain pastures, we will reach Rudno polje cross‑country skiing centre to finish off the early part of our day.
Before deserving ourselves lunch at the fairytale Uskovnica mountain pasture, we will take another short break at the breathtaking Zajamniki mountain pasture and catch the first glimpse of Lake Bohinj. If the skies are clear, Mt. Triglav will boast in its splendour for us to frame it.
After the well-deserved lunch break, only a long descent to the Bohinj Valley separates us from a refreshing swim in Lake Bohinj. As a pleasant end to our tour, we will then head for the town of Bohinjska Bistrica to catch a 20‑minute scenic train ride back to Bled, where we will finish our day on the banks of Lake Bled.
This is a moderate tour, which requires basic mountain bike handling experience and an average fitness level. It was designed for all fond of spending an active day in the Triglav National Park, combined with beautiful vistas, swimming, hiking and authentic local meals. We will pick you up at your place of accommodation in Bled, Bohinj or Radovljica. For groups of 6–8 guests, transfers from Ljubljana can also be arranged at additional cost.
What to bring: a change of spare clothes and layers, a swimwear, own choice of drinks and energy bars
Duration: 9 hrs (including transfers and lunch)
Distance: 45 km
Total ascent: ca. 500 m
Total descent: ca. 1600 m
Type of trail: dirt road (85%), asphalt road (15%)
- 1-2 travelers: 160 EUR per tour
- 3-8 travelers: 60 EUR per person
- Private English speaking licensed mountain biking guide.
- Organization & support.
- Bike & helmet rental.
- Eventual lunch & drinks.
- Eventual entrance fees.
- Shuttles (5 – 10 EUR per person)